When I was nine, my parents got me the Jeopardy! computer game that came on a 5" floppy disk. The exploit was easy: set up all three contestants as human players, make one my "star" player, and I would buzz in as the other contestants to buy time so I can look stuff up from our giant encyclopedia set. I played so much of it, in fact, I basically memorized every answer.
Then I would hustle and challenge my older sister.
But one of my favorite parts of watching real Jeopardy! is seeing Alex Trebek reveal the categories. I'm sure I'm not the only one who approximates confidence levels in their heads:
"University Mascots, AWESOME. I'm gonna rule that so hard. I should get all but the $1000 right. I bet they're going to ask about Uga."
"Canadian Prime Ministers?! WTF. No one's going to touch that. What asshole approved this category?"
So we've been throwing around a couple ideas for some of our future TOPIC OF THE WEEK segments, and I thought it would be awesome to share them with you backer fellas.
- Bizarre alcohols + liquor origins
- The big Good Job, Brain! phobia episode (tentative title: "Phobatrivaphobia" - the fear of trivia about fears)
- Wacky and insane sport stories that make the girls on this podcast actually care about sports
- Formerly Known As... (FUN FACT! Nike, Inc. existed as Blue Ribbon Sports for more than 10 years before it officially was named Nike in 1978.)
- Who sang that originally? + Who sampled what?
In addition, we are also coming up with some wonderful smaller quiz show segments that will just rock your face off.